So, this is 2012, in bullet points:
- I fell in love with the world of advertising. I know it’s an uncharted territory, but I must say, it’s a crazy, beautiful world. There’s still a long way to go, though.
- I became too pushy, just so I can do things my way. I stopped listening to the people that mattered to me the most, and I started doing things my way—— even if it isn’t right. It burned me a lot.
- I will always be thankful for my family and my friends, since they’ve stood by me.
- I’ve gone towards YOLO territory, and as much as I actually despise it, I can’t seem to avoid it. (This is a bad case of cognitive dissonance)
- There’s too much cognitive dissonance going on in my life. I should get rid of of the mismatched attitudes and behaviors that I have. Slowly but surely.
- So far, my Christmas break schedule is like this: Wake up, surf the internet, sleep, and take care of the puppies. Repeat cycle.
- I shouldn’t waste my time pleasing everyone. As much as I would like to think that I am such a terrible person, and I should pay back by pleasing everyone to make up for how terrible I am, I think it’s highly impossible to do that.
- An epiphany: For the past few years now, I’ve been living by trial and error. Trying a lot of things, just to see what works for me. And I still haven’t figured out what works for me, to get my life into shape.
- A terrible argument (or a fight, even) humbles you and puts you in your place. I learned that the hard way.
- Another thing that I always forget: Time management.
- Too much caffeine leaves you a nervous wreck.
- I will forever be thankful for friends who constantly push me to be better, even if I am somewhat allergic to change.
- Being of legal age is not always a good excuse to be drunk and go apeshit over everything. .
- As much as I would like to say (and think) that I’ve been a completely terrible person all year, there are still people that still believe in me, and for that, I’m thankful.
- I shouldn’t be jealous about my friends who are achieving a lot more than I do….or even trying to match with their success. I should really start on focusing on the things that I want to achieve with my life. I can only work with the things that God has given me, and I should maximize it. Instead of being jealous with my friends, I should be happy for them. I have awesome friends, and I shouldn’t see everything as some sort of competition whenever I am with them.