Apologies for not updating my blog, since the past month has been quite turbulent. I’m starting to get into the swing of things again, so allow me to kick things off with a beauty post! While some of my favorites have been consistent from last July, I’ve added new products in my roster because I’ve been trying out new products left and right. Here’s a list of the beauty products that I’ve been loving so far, ranging from shampoo to lipsticks:
- Dove Daily Hair Vitamins – I’m still thinking that this thing is made from unicorns because it repaired my dry, damaged hair. My hair is now a lot more manageable than before and I would like to thank the hair vitamins for that.
- Pantene 3-Minute Miracle Color and Perm Lasting Care Conditioner – This is a very new addition to my hair care routine (I’ve been using this since last week, by the way)! I dyed my hair recently, and using a color-safe conditioner has helped reduce the damage in my hair.
- Head and Shoulders Apple Fresh Shampoo – Best!! Shampoo!!! Ever!!!! And it smells good too.
- Biore Micellar Cleansing Water – Sometimes, makeup remover wipes just don’t cut it. If you have thick foundation and waterproof mascara, you need a makeup remover that removes everything. This makeup remover just does that, and the formulation is gentle enough to not dry your skin out.
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate – This facial oil is so good! Although I find the smell of this a bit cloying, I can get past that because it’s so effective. It has calmed my irritated, sensitive skin, and it has tamed my acne scars too. It’s quite sad that I only have a sample of this 😦
- Olay Natural White All-In-One Fairness Day Cream with SPF 24 – This is my favorite day cream/sunscreen. Not only it hydrates the skin and gives enough sun protection for my face, it also lightens dark spots too!
- Clean and Clear Active Marks Acne Cleanser – I like this facial wash because it’s very effective yet very gently. Not only does it zap pimples and other impurities, it also has a calming effect on your skin too.
- Pond’s Flawless White BB Cream in Beige – This BB cream is still my favorite base product. It’s a good match for my skin tone, and it doesn’t irritate my skin because of its skincare ingredients. It also has good coverage too! But despite its benefits, I’m still frustrated that this BB cream only comes in two shades. Come on, Pond’s, give girls more shade options for your BB cream!!!
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW30 – This is one of the best concealers that I’ve tried. It’s a very good match for my skin tone, and it’s great at spot concealing and tone-correcting. It’s also long-lasting as well. My only problems with this concealer are that the MAC stores here in the Manila have a limited color selection…and it can be a bit of a pain to apply.
- Revlon Colorstay Concealer in Medium – Another very good concealer! This is a great overall concealer, but I find this concealer a bit grey-toned at times. Maybe it’s because this concealer a bit light for my skin tone, but I’ll find a way to work around it.
- L’Oreal True Match Concealer in W4-5 Light to Medium – I’m obviously a concealer lover, and this is the best concealer that I have tried. Shade-wise, this is the lovechild of my MAC Studio Finish and my Revlon concealers. Formula-wise, it’s very easy to work with, and it’s long-lasting too.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather Cream Eyeshadow in Creamy Beige – I’m not an eye shadow girl, but if I were to use an eye shadow for the rest of my life, it would be this. It’s a dupe for MAC’s Paint Pot in Groundwork, which is a popular neutral eye shadow in the beauty community! It’s a bit hard to work with, but I can get on with it because the color is just so nice.
- Essence Silky Touch Blushes in Natural Beauty and Adorable- I’m not a big blush person, but these blushes are great if you want to look healthy and fresh. These blush colors are flattering for different skin tones too! Natural Beauty is great if you want to enhance your ~~*natural glow*~~, while Adorable is the blush that you use if you don’t want to look dead. It’s great that these blushes are affordable too!
- Maybelline Hypercurl Mascara – This mascara has trumped my Majolica Majorca mascara because of its staying power. While the Majolica Majorca mascara lengthens and expands my lashes, I like this mascara more because it volumizes and curls my lashes really well, while still looking natural. In addition, this mascara does not leave disgusting residue under my eyes, lol. However, I tried combining my Majolica Majorca and my Hypercurl mascaras and my lashes looked like I had falsies! But concoctions aside, this mascara is great by itself.
- Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint in Budding Blossom – Best tinted lip balm/lipstick ever! This product is perfect for lazy days, and it wears nicely on the lips. The downside to this is that it’s expensive, but it’s so good. I love Clinique’s Chubby Stick lip colour balms, and this one is no exception. Maybe I’ll get Coming Up Rosy soon.
- Maybelline ColorSensational The Creamy Mattes in Touch of Spice – I’m not going to lie that I thought that this lip color was a little too dark for me. However, after several tries, this lipstick has become one of my favorite lipsticks in my arsenal. It’s comfortable and long-lasting, and it smells like vanilla cookies. Haha.
- MAC Amplified Lipstick in Cosmo – This is one of my most-worn lipsticks. It’s a nice, flattering shade for everyday use, and it’s comfortable to wear. Staying power is pretty decent too.
- NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Tonkin – I previously mentioned in a blog entry that this was my favorite lipstick of all time because it’s my holy grail MLBB. It still is a favorite, but the title of “Favorite Lipstick Of All Time” has become the NARS Audacious lipsticks. The color is just perfect for almost every occasion, and the staying power is pretty great too, given the matte formula.
- NARS Audacious Lipsticks in Julie and Vanessa- These lipsticks have usurped my NARS Tonkin as my favorite lipstick of all time. Julie is the perfect peachy nude lipstick for me, while Vanessa is an elevated version of Happy Skin’s The Morning After (which is my one true lipstick love). Both lipsticks are great shades, and the formula of these lipsticks are a lipstick lover’s dream because they are very pigmented. Not to mention, these lipsticks last well on me too.
Anyway, these are all my current beauty favorites. I don’t really have a lot to say after listing them all down, but these products have done me good over the past several months.